Monday, March 30, 2015

Episode 4

Finished Objects
Folded by Veera Valimaki using Madelintosh Sport in Masala, US size 4 needle. I used a crochet provision cast on for the sleeves at the point where the body joins the the sleeves. After finishing the body, I ripped out the waste yarn and knit the sleeves down. I used Ysolda's tubular bind off method on the sleeves. I did an i-cord bind off and a single crochet around the neck to tighten it. 

Crochet Giraffe by Emma Dent using size G hooks out of various worsted weight machine washable yarn. I love it!

Kids Mitten using US size 0, 2.0mm needles out of the Knitpicks Felici in the Cheer colorway. Cast On using  extra stretchy cast on48 stitches. 

Current Projects:
Leg warmers using US size 1, 2.5mm needles out of my left over Knitpicks Felici in the Splash Colorway. Cast On using  extra stretchy cast on48 stitches. 



Basic vanilla sock, toe up using Cascade Heritage Prints in the 05 colorway using us size 0, 2.0mm needles. I cast on 60 stitches. I am planning to use the fish lips kiss heel. When I knit my socks cuff down, I use the extra stretchy cast on


Georgies Blanket by Helen Stewart using Knitpicks Comfy worsted in the Ivory, Light Blue, Honeydew and Peony colorway, US size 6 needles. I am going to add another color to the blanket. the Marlin Colorway. 

Barton Cottage Shrug by Kristi Schueler using Madelinetosh Tosh Lace in the Composition Book Gray color way, US size 1, 2.5mm Addi Sock Rocket needles. I went down a needle size because I didn't like the fabric that it was making. I was inspired by MaryEjacobs project

Boxy by Joji Locatelli using Henry's attic Prime Alpaca in the Silver colorway, US size 4 Knitpicks rainbow wood needle

Laneway by Veera Valimaki using US 3, 3.23 mm needle with Knitpicks Stroll in the Basalt Heather and the Dove Heather. 

On the Beach by Isabelle Kraemer using US 5, 3.75mm needle with Knitpicks Bare Swish DK and Valley Yarns Northfield in the Haze colorway. 

I failed at casting on the Wing Lace tunic with the Handmaiden Sea Silk, left over from the "Hitofude" that I knit for my mom. 


Sewing Finished Objected
I used 2 tutorials to sew my zippered project bag. Melanie Ham's tutorial show you how to sew a zippered lined bag. This tutorial shows you how to do the square bottoms on bag. 

Current Sewing Project
Pajamas for my older daughter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment